fingerprint and smart card reader
The AET63 BioTRUSTKey combines the highly successful silicon fingerprint sensor with a smart card reader to achieve ultra-secure authentication. It is fully integrated fingerprint-based biometric subsystem, combining fingerprint sensing and algorithm processing in a single, compact device. All biometric algorithm processing is carried out in a custom chip integrated at the back of the silicon fingerprint sensor.
With BioTRUSTKey, you have all the hardware and software you need to add biometric security to your custom applications. For PC applications, the BioTRUSTKey provides the highest level of security. That’s because both the template extraction and matching algorithms run within the device itself – not in the PC.
Since fingerprints cannot be lost, duplicated, stolen or forgotten, the product range is widely regarded as providing a more reliable and convenient solution than traditional security devices. With the AET63 BioTRUSTKey, security is improved further by storing the fingerprint templates inside a smart card instead of the PC. This not only provides a more secure environment but it also enhances portability and eliminates privacy concerns. What is more, it gives users the flexibility of being able to carry their fingerprint template with them, safe in the knowledge that no-one else can use their smart card should it become lost or stolen.
Our biometric products leverage ACS technology and experience in implementing readers in smart card-based authentication programs. By partnering with leading biometric sensor and algorithm supplier, we are providing a high level of security and convenience for applications in the government, corporate, financial and healthcare sectors.
Using a simple Application Programming Interface, it is extremely easy for designers to integrate the fingerprint authentication features into their applications. The developer can develop the interface very quickly without an in-depth knowledge of biometrics.
* Integrated fingerprint scanner/smart card reader
* USB Plug and play interface
* Requiring no additional power supply
* High-resolution 508 DPI imaging
* Utilizes CMOS active capacitive pixel sensing technology, resulting in high quality fingerprint images in any environment
*The template extraction and matching algorithms run within the device itself – not in the PC
* Large active sensor size – 12.8mm x 18.0mm
Smart Card Reader:
* ISO 7816-3 and PC/SC compliant
* Supports all micro-controller cards, with T=0 or T=1 protocols
* Support one SAM card (optional)
Security Features Possible:
* Encrypted finger print template stored inside smart card
* Session key generation among smart card, BioTRUSTKey Processor and host computer
* Remote Electronic Voting
* Secured E-commerce
* Secure Home-banking
* Computer System Logon
* Healthcare applications
* E-government applications
* Physical Dimensions: 65 x 105 x 18mm
* Supply Voltage: Regulated 5V DC
* Supply Current: < 100mA (without smart card)
* Operating Temperature: 0 – 50oC
Standards / Certifications:
ISO 7816-3, CE, FCC, PC/SC
Operating System Support:
* Windows 98, Me, 2000, and XP
* IBM-Compatible Personal Computer with Intel 486 Processor or higher
* Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
* Minimum 16MB RAM
* Available USB port